Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Many Troubles of Andy Russell

Well, the mystery of the last few days has been solved. Monday I took Lil to the doctor to get her ears checked. I knew something was wrong but just could not figure out what so when her ears were clear, I was a little downhearted (pathetic I know). Then last night she woke up around 1 am and could not breath. She was retracting slightly and was very upset. I slept with her on my chest the rest of the night because I was so shaken by it. She has no other cold symptoms but when I took her back to the doctor today, we found out she has croupe. It is a mild case ( we caught it early) but my girls on 3F are well aware of how horrible it was when she had it last summer. For some reason, when her disease is bad she has trouble breathing. Right now her lesions do not look that bad. They actually look good but sometimes that is the quiet before the storm. She looks quite pale to me but she also sits in the bath next to today's version of Annette Funicello with skin that looks sun kissed even in the dead of winter. However, I also put her next to Chris and she still looked pale to me. Now when she threw up this evening and got all worked up, her cheeks got flushed. Dr R used to love to tell me that there have to be red bloods cells to get red cheeks! I guess that is true (wry smile) but I wish there were enough to give the rest of her a little color too.

In true LillyAnna style, she is not down and out. She is a bit fussy but still had the energy to play at the park this afternoon. Of course, this adds to my worry that the Humira is losing its effectiveness but only time will tell that for now because AI is still working on the technicalities involved in doing a collection for a test this new. She still has that awful cut on her arm that she got last Friday. The doctor she saw today did not like how it looked any more than the doctor who saw it Monday but we have to give the high test version of Neosporin time to work. In the meantime we have an excuse to put our AC on full blast and we are just hoping the steroids do their job.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment