Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Mysteries of Harris Burdick

So any and all patterns I was seeing with the activity of Lil's disease and Humira is gone.  Her lesions act up whenever they feel like it and she is vomiting constantly.  And by constantly I mean she is vomiting morning, noon and night.  Once again I had what I consider (and so does Dr. R)reassurance that her vomiting is related to her disease and not to medications or some other outside factor.  For seven full days last week I saw her eat three bites of food, not three bites a day, three bites total and she was still vomiting every day.  The fact that she continued to drink kept us out of the hospital. On Saturday night she decided to start eating again.  She ate all different kinds of food and did not throw up that night.  I thought we had turned a corner.  The next day she continued to eat but also continued to vomit.  Last night ( on the advice of a good friend) we taught her how to throw up in a bin.  She was so good about it.  She felt it coming, pointed to her mouth and said throw up and then pointed to the bin.  She held the bin in her little hands until it finally came up and would not let me put the bin down until she was done.  This happened three times.  She was so proud that she got it all in the bin.  I was so sad that this is what I am teaching my almost two year old. 

It concerns me that she pulls on her arms and legs (near her joints) and says owie.  Dr. R does not think she has any inflammation there because there is no evidence of it.  Also, her blood work does not show signs of inflammation.  Other than all of that she has been very happy the past two weeks and her lesions look awesome.  I mean really awesome.  I have not seen a pustule or papule since we started the steroids for the croupe.  Unfortunately Sunday I saw two papules and last night I found a putstule.  The papules are on the back of her leg and seem to be painful.  When we touch them, even if she is distracted, she reacts.  She woke up miserable after her nap yesterday and has continued to be pretty miserable.  Temps are elevated slightly.  Before bed her temp was 100.8 but I did not want to give her Advil because I was afraid it would upset her stomach even more.  Not that it mattered last night. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment