Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Boa Constrictor

sbboa.jpg (12281 bytes)

Boa Constrictor by Shel Silverstein
Oh, I'm being eaten
By a boa constrictor,
A boa constrictor,
A boa constrictor,
I'm being eaten by a boa constrictor,
And I don't like it--one bit.
Well, what do you know?
It's nibblin' my toe.
Oh, gee,
It's up to my knee.
Oh my,
It's up to my thigh.
Oh, fiddle,
It's up to my middle.
Oh, heck,
It's up to my neck.
Oh, dread,
It's upmmmmmmmmmmffffffffff . . .
Today it seemed as if Lil's little body was being eaten by a Boa Constrictor.  This morning she woke up very uncomfortable and crying.  I was not surprised to find that she had a fairly high fever to start the day and then she promptly fell asleep as soon as we dropped the twins off at school.  As she does not normally even nap during the day anymore ( I think this has something to do with her meds), it was highly unusual for me to walk into the living room and find this scene (look to the left) at 9:15am although not unusual these days was that Frozen was on TV!  When she woke up she was shaky and saying she had a lot of pain and that is basically how the rest of the day went.  As it goes with Lil, the best thing to do when she does not feel well is to distract her so I packed the kids into the family truckster and we drove to Aunt Tina's for lunch.  Lil was mostly ok but continued to spike low fevers throughout the day, complain of pain and have trouble controlling her bladder.  I am not sure if this is new or not because she is so new to being fully potty trained but after having seven days of no accidents to having 6 accidents in a five hour period today I would say that is something to note.  Small pustules popped up randomly on her skin but would go away just as quickly.

Most concerning at this point (besides her increased discomfort) are her mouth sores.  As you know, mouth sores have been coming and going in Lil's mouth looking like small pustules.  Sometimes they seem to bother her very much and other times not so much.  At this point there is a sore that has been growing on her lip that has been bothering her a lot.  As Dr R likes to remind me "we cannot have breakdown of her tissue" as we have learned her body responds by basically attacking it.  So I will be contacting him tomorrow.  This sore is really bothering her to the point where she does not want to eat because it hurts.  
I wanted to keep you all updated.  There is more I want to tell you.... our greatest supporters. But I am very very tired and I have a feeling tonight is going to be a long one for me.  It took our baby girl a long time  (and some hard core drugs) to get comfortable enough to get to sleep tonight.  Those kinds of drugs do not last long and we have to be conservative using them or they make the vomiting worse which is hard to imagine but possible all the same.  I do want to say that I had to call out of work for the first time tonight because of LillyAnna's illness.  I know family comes first but this is not something I am ever comfortable doing.  My Redfire family rallied around me today and for that I am so grateful.  Thank you guys:)

***I also have to give a shout out to my Aunt Sue who used to sing the Boa Constrictor Song to me when I was a little girl... fun memories Aunt Sue!   And now I sing it to my little ones... so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment