Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Little Kunoichi: The Ninja Girl

It is looking more and more like we are in a full blown flare.  Whether or not it started with the stomach that is going around does not really matter at this point.  She is having all of her traditional symptoms.  My poor baby is vomiting every night, only at night.  She feels just awful in the morning.  Her fingers are swollen but she is complaining that all of her joints hurt.  Some of the newer things she talks about are being itchy all over.  We know from the Facebook group (thank you all so much) that this is a common complaint. 

She is eating in small spurts but there are sores on the inside of her mouth.  In these pictures you can see very small lesions in the top corners of her mouth.  PG in the mouth has only been reported in 11 patients (that is adults, never in children that we could find).  She is saying her mouth hurts a lot.  The good thing is that right now she is drinking.  Mommom Sherry just bought her a fun cup from the Disney store and she has wonderful people taking care of her everyday.  We just could not do this without our 'village'.  Having fun cups is an incentive for her to keep drinking. It is really hard to see them in these pictures.  They are right below her teeth. 




My goal right now is to not get into the place we were in January.  Aunt Tina reported that she was good during the day yesterday.  It was the beginning and the end of the day that the pain really got to her.  I ended up having to give her 'the good stuff' last night.  She took it without a fight.  That tells me everything.  You all know how she feels about medicine.  If she takes medicine, you know it is bad.  Then she told me about 20 minutes later that the red medicine made her feel better. 

My other bug concern is watching pustules pop up quickly.  Lil got a small scratch on her face the other day.  It quickly turned into a pustule and now is surrounded by three pustules.  We are used to seeing pustules in old wounds but to see them come up in new spots is unusual. 

 

I am keeping the esteemed Dr. R in the loop but there is just not much we can do.  If it gets bad enough we will give her some steroids but that is a last resort.  This is our life, watching and waiting.  My hurt right now is that I have worked in a classroom and I am terrified that I brought home too many germs for her to handle.  My rational side says that is ridiculous because the twins do the same every day.  The irrational side sees my baby girl in pain. 

Our Taylor Swift push is still on.  We did our pre-recorded interview the other day.  The interviewer was someone who had never heard our story.  His reaction was so powerful.  He hears so many stories yet ours stood out to him.  Our touched his heart.  Ours made him sit back and scratch his head and breath deep.  Ours made the other interviewer cry (and she has heard our story numerous times).  My girl is special.  She is so strong.  We have chosen a couple of Taylor Swift songs to get her to sing, I will video it and get it on Facebook.  I do not have twitter but I might have to get it to get this going.  Gear up people;)  We are getting Taylor Swift to AI!  (Or at least her voice! LOL)
 * I have not proofread this post. 


 

 

1 comment:

  1. My heart is with Lillyanna and all of you. My hear is sad that he and all of you have to go thru this. She is so adoable and you looked so beYTIFUL ON FRIDAY NIGHT. yOUR COMPLEXION IS JUST SO PRETTY. I LOVE YOYU. tHANKS FOR TAKING CARE OF ME FRIDAY NIGHT. I WAS IN lala LAND

    ReplyDelete