Monday, June 8, 2015

Zombie In Love

What does it feel like to love someone who constantly evades your understanding?  The perfect little person who needs you, wants you to comfort them; put on their favorite little blanket in the way only you know how.  But then will turn on you in a heartbeat.  Lil's disease turned on us.  I told you it could throw us a surprise and it sure did.  I told you Thursday that Lil was developing fevers and pustules.  At that point they were big, angry pustules.  The next day we woke up to her right arm covered in small papules.  Friday her left arm was covered.  Saturday it was her legs and by Sunday so was her trunk and back.  The top of her right arm was also swollen.  She does not say they are itchy, they do hurt, her mouth has lesions as well and I would be lying if I said I am not terrified.  We have never seen this, this is brand new. They are so hard to see in these pictures.  One of the reasons we went to see Dr. R today.  This was one we needed a check in on... He looked right in my eyes and told me I was not going to like what he had to say.  He was right.  He said we just have to wait and see.  I hate that response.  I have to sit here and watch my baby feel like $%#* and not be able to do anything about it because we know nothing about this damn disease and, AND, we have to just wait and see what happens next to her little baby body.  Who knows what that could be?  Anything could happen.... We have no idea what is happening in there and no way to find out.  She is grunting in pain.  She is tired.  She is telling me it hurts.  Can I help?  No.  I have to wait and see.  Great. 





No comments:

Post a Comment