Sunday, January 4, 2015

All The Colors of Home

As it turns out, LillyAnna is once again breaking the rules.  From the rudimentary research I have been able to do while here, there are only 11 reported cases of Pyoderma Gangrenosum in the mouth of all the PG cases ever reported.  Remember that this includes all the adults cases as well and there are hundred of those cases.  Although PG is still rare in adults it is not nearly as rare as it is in infants.  I did not find any oral cases in children.  I will of course be checking my research with the NIH when I send them labs and pictures from this flare. 





I am sitting in this beautiful "hotel room" as Lil is calling it writing this
post watching her scarf down a plate of chicken nuggets and mac and cheese having just heard that we are allowed to go home.  The docs do not want her to stay here any longer than necessary and neither do I.  There is just too much she can catch.  Dr. C who works on Dr. R's team and knows our little Lil well told me he trusts that I will call if she does not start drinking when we get home.  I do not know where this change is coming from, yesterday we were talking about an NG tube, but I am happy about it.  She just simply looks SO much better.  We got her the fluids she needed, she has gotten all of her meds by IV and she had a good strong dose of a knock it out of the park antibiotic.  We definitely did the right thing by coming in, it took her over 24 hours to get hydrated.  Her little body needed this. 

We found three mouth lesions here whereas I had only been focusing on that one pustule in the front after doing that research and looking at some PG lesions online.  This is a whole new ballgame and I am not ready to think about what it all means. 



What I do know is we did the right thing, we are now going home and this little trip has been one for the books:)   

 

1 comment:

  1. Her lesions made me so sad for her. With the help of God and the doctors hopefully they can overcome these. Prayers being sent to all of you.Mary ellen Strohm here. Love all of you.

    ReplyDelete