Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Quick Update 14

Complications.... how do I begin to explain? We have managed to avoid being inpatient for a year.  My wonderful nurse -friends tell me this is due in part to my good at home care which makes me feel so proud and safe in my decisions. The doctor sent us home with these words to the resident "We can send her home because this mom knows what she is doing and is experienced with home care.  She will bring her back if necessary."  What respect!  It is just amazing.  I am so lucky to have doctors that have such faith in me.  My heart is light and we pack the hospital room up, take my sick baby home with the hopes that she will drink and eat and continue to "do better at home".  So we get home and life just resumes as much as I try to slow it down for her.  The twins have their birthday this week.  I cannot, CANNOT, put that on the backburner AGAIN for them because of LillyAnna's illness.  Every year it happens, every year.  Have I mentioned that every year the twins' birthdays get put on the backburner?  Have you noticed I have some guilt over that?  You will be very kind if you try to make me feel better about it but the bottom line is that it is not ok.  So the kids go back to school, I start planning birthday stuff and try to plan work stuff, do laundry, clean the house, and in the meantime all little Lil wants me to is sit with her.  She is not drinking enough.  She is now running fevers up to 104.8.  So it is off to the regular pediatrician we go, in the snow... look, I just made a rhyme.  Ha Ha...

1 comment: